The Pow-R-Quik name has always been synonymous with excellence in air starting systems. From new and remanufactured starters to repair kits, original parts and components, the Pow-R-Quik brand is unequaled in the industry in terms of performance, reliability and quality.
The Pow-R-Quik line of air and gas starters offers features and benefits that are unique to the industry.
All PRQ Vane starters are lubeless, their vanes are made of a high tech material that reduces wear and allows operation with or without lubrication.**
PRQ vane starter will start engines from the smallest
one cylinder Diesel to the largest engines made.
All LS and SM models are gas sealed and of lubeless
design. The polymer blade used in all PRQ vane starters
coats the starter’s endplates and cylinder
to create its own lubrication. Lubrication can be
used with all vane starters if so desired by the
user with no harmful consequences. (Penetrating oils
should be avoided due to the delaminating effect
they can have on the blades).
PRQ vane starters are easy to maintain and repair.
Repair kits are available for all models.
PRQ LS models have non ferrous cylinders and coated
endplates that will not corrode and freeze up like
cast iron will.
- All PRQ LS Series are lubeless.
- The PRQ LS-8 Series has over 60 models* available to fit both the domestic and import small engine markets.
- All PRQ LS-23/24 are available with inertia or pre-engaged drives.
- High-tech vane material.Reduces wear, allows operation without lubrication.
- Non-corrosive rotor sleeves.
- Special coating on aluminum rotor sleeves on LS-8 Models.
- Stainless steel sleeves used on LS-16, LS-23/24, and LS-60/61.
- Rugged Construction.
- Rotor and shaft design provide higher torque potential and longer life than common two pieces designs.
- Mounting Flexibility.
All housings can be independently positioned with respect to each other.
*Note: PRQ LS-8 starters are developed as new engines are released to the market.
**Note: Lubrication is optional on LS Series for Diesel Engines. For lower pressure starting or cold weather starting it is recommended that you use lubrication. Lubrication is required on all starters for natural gas engines and all engines with long crank cycles.